Jim is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) who earned his Master’s degree in Social Work from Boston College. Having grown up in the North Shore area, Jim brings a familiarity of the community to the practice. He has been with Attention to Wellness for over a year and has over 16 years’ experience working with both adolescents and adults.
Jim has provided treatment in a variety of clinical settings to adolescents, adults, and families experiencing depression, anxiety, conduct issues, and other mood disorders. He brings six years of experience working in court systems with youth on probation who were at risk of being removed from their home, and their families. Jim also brings experience providing anger management and drug counseling groups within multiple schools. Currently, Jim also works at a high school providing social work services to students who have an Individualized Education Program.
Jim’s approach with both adolescents and adults incorporates techniques from strengths-based, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy/Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (CBT/DBT), Motivational Interviewing, and Structural Family Therapy to help clients identify and eliminate barriers that inhibit them from achieving their goals.
His Specialties include:
- Counseling for teens in trouble with acting out, school refusal, substance abuse, anger issues
- Assisting teens launching into young adulthood
- Specialized counseling for overcoming depression
- Stress-reduction, managing/reducing anxiety, techniques
- Substance Abuse, addictions, Process Addictions
- Ways to control angry feelings (Anger Management)
- Couples on the brink of divorce, struggling with conflict, infidelity, communication, and parenting
- Family Therapy/Counseling
Ages 11 and Up
Medicare Meridian Aetna EAP Lyra
BCBS PPO BCBS Community United Healthcare Cigna PPO
Psychology Today Profile