Dennis is the founding member and President of Attention to Wellness, Ltd. His work includes extensive work in the field of addiction, beginning with his time as a Drug and Alcohol Counselor with the Gateway Foundation from 2001 to 2008. Following this time, he worked in various counseling and psychotherapy disciplines, including:
- Individual and group psychotherapy with adults;
- Adolescent therapy on a one-on-one basis or as part of a group;
- Couple and family psychotherapy;
- Practice in private and community agency settings.
As a result of nearly two decades of experience in mental health and substance abuse counseling, Dennis has valuable experience in counseling individuals, families, and couples in all walks of life. He utilizes insight oriented therapy to assist his patients in discovering coping mechanisms and other means of recovery and relief from emotional pain and the addiction issues that often accompany it.
Dennis holds the following licenses and certifications:
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Illinois
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC), Illinois
- Problem and Compulsive Gambling Counselor (PCGC), Illinois
- Certified DUI Service Provider
- Certified GAIN-I Administrator and Local Trainer
- Certified A-CRA Clinician
In addition, he holds the following professional memberships:
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Illinois Member of the Illinois Mental Health Counseling Association
- Board Member of the Illinois Alcoholism and Drug Dependence Association (IADDA)
Dennis takes his role as the founding member and President of Attention to Wellness, Ltd. very seriously. He seeks to employ patience, care, and compassion in his interactions with his patients. He is fluent in Russian and is passionate about his work. To read more about him in his Psychology Today profile click here.